Monday, January 26, 2015

Scriptures, Doctrine of Christ.

Wow, Time really is slipping away. It feels like yesterday that I recently came on the mission...  Elder Augat and I are having a wonderful experience, and we are constantly learning more and progressing. 

Update on Salvador (our ex-drunk investigator): Salvador Is progressing incredibly!! He has a baptism date programmed for the 14 of Feb. He really is miracle, and an example to all, everywhere, that the Gospel can change lives and people. I love this Gospel SOOO much!! 

I am almost done with the Old Testament! I set a goal early in my mission to read the entire standard works as a missionary, and the Old Testament is the last one. I am right on schedule! I love the scriptures so much!! they really do testify of God and Jesus Christ. They teach us of their true character, and teach us how to become more like them. I invite you all to deeply engulf yourselves in the scriptures each day. Read them with true purpose, and put in practice what you learn. It will change your life! You will feel your faith strengthen, and feel the urge to more closely follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

As a mission, we´ve been focusing on the Gospel and Doctrine of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism [covenants], the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end). It is really incredible how each of these principles (and ordinances) can become such an important part of our lives. Each one can become part of who we are... or at least part of who we are becoming. The Gospel of Jesus Christ really is just becoming like him (read 2 Nephi 31, which talks about the doctrine of Christ, and notice how many times it says the word "follow" referring to following Christ).

I love you all!!

Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment