Monday, December 22, 2014

Eternal Families

Quite honestly, this week has been hard for me. I´m not exactly sure why... there really isn´t any reason, but it has just been hard. It has been hard for me to focas, and to keep going. But don´t worry, I´m doing fine. 

We had an eye opening experience. A less active member that we´ve been working with stopped us on the street, and we started to talk. The conversation started out normal, but I felt that something wasn´t all right. I looked him in the eyes and said: "[name] are you feeling alright?" He immediately busted into tears and started sobbing, and said "Elders, my wife left me, and I need someone to talk to." We went and talked to him, and he explained to us that his wife and him had been fighting a lot, and that Saturday night he came home from work to an empty house. he said that his wife had left a note, and that she had gone with his three daughters. We didn´t do much, but we listened, and sat with him for a while. at one point, he told us: "Elders, I now realize why an eternal family is important. This last day without my wife and kids has been hell... I have promised God over and over again, that if they come back I will do all that he requires of me. I will get active in the church, fix my family, and take us to a temple to get sealed..."

Eternal Families ARE important. I know that they are. Sometimes we don´t realize the great blessings that we have until they are lost. The family is the center of God´s plan, and he wants us to be happy with them forever.

I love you all!
Merry Christmas!


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment