Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Training with Elder Evans, a miricle, and more...

First off, I`m sorry because I`m sending this email late... all of yesterday, we were traveling to Cusco, and all of today, we were in a meeting and training with Elder Evans , who is currently the seventy over the missionary departement of the church. The Training was VERY edifying, and I learned VERY much. I talked about doing things the way that the prophets and apostels have told us to do things, and to not do them our way. In other words, he talked to us about the importance of following preach my gospel. I liked the way that he directed the training. The entire time, he was talking with diferent missionaries, asking and responding questions. I learned a lot!

At one point of the training, Elder Evans asked President Harbertson to come to the pulpit, and talk about an "important and tender" subject. President Harbertson then came to the pulpit, already crying, and said with tears in his eyes: "A while ago, I started to give my father the Christmas gift of doing one thing with him every month. Every month, we would do something, wiether it be go to lunch or to some activity,  but we would always do something. But this morning, I found out that my Dad died... I will never forget those moments that we spent together... I will not go home. I promised God that I would fulfill my mission, but I will ALWAYS cherish the moments that we spent together." We then watched the first general conference talk   that President Harbertson`s dad ever gave, when he was reciently called as a seventy. 

I am thankful for the time that I was able to spend with mom and dad before I came on my mission. Mom and Dad, I love you! I know that I will see you again, and that our relationship will continue to grow, but thanks for all you`ve done for me. 

This week... we experienced a miricle. Actually, there were many, but I will share one. Abraham Martinez (14 years old) has been coming to church for a while, but hasn`t had those desires to be baptized. He basicly already acted like a member, and already knew everything about the gospel. The other week, he approched us and said: "Elders, I want to be baptized. Oviously, we said, of course! When do you want to get baptized? He said: As soon as possible! He was baptized on Saturday, and he is super excited to stay active in the church. It was a gift from heaven. 


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment