Monday, October 27, 2014

I have not found so great faith...

The work continues strong here in Puerto Maldonando. Elder Williams and I are very busy, and we almost don´t even have enough time to visit all the wonderful people that we have here to visit.

My new district has all trainers and their trainees. This is super exciting because this means that all of my district will be super exited and ready to get to work. President Harbertson chooses the best missionaries to train. I am excited for my new district :).

Special Spiritual Experience of the Week:
We were teaching Sahi and Gianinna the law of tithing. We had taught the principles, and I asked them: "so, do you think the law of tithing is hard?" immediately, they both said: "no." This response surprised me a little, so I asked them, "why isn´t it hard?" They both thought for a moment and then Sahi said: "because it is a commandment of God." The spirit immediately filled the room, and tears could not be contained. I told them through my tears: "It´s easy for you because you have faith."
It was a great experience. 
It reminded me of the scripture in Luke 7:9:
"When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel."

I love this work so much! I am thankful for the wonderful people that we are teaching. When we see others with such great faith, it strengthens ours.

Fotos:
A gross blister
The zoo of Puerto Maldonado
Happy Food :)


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment