Monday, October 6, 2014

Hard work and Accountability

Well, the internet isn´t working very well which means that this email
might not turn out looking so well on your side. But I just want to
let you all know that I´m doing well here in Puerto Maldonado. I still
havn´t seen conference, but this Saturday and Sunday we are going to
watch it. I´m sure it was great! and I can´t wait to see it.

The work goes well. We have a lot of investigators and we are working
super hard. There will defiantly be a lot of Fruits from our work. I
hope to be here to see some of them. Elder Williams and I are always
busy and running from one place to another.

Lately, I´ve been worried about my district. Some of the Elders aren´t
being too obedient, and that is always a worry. I´m trying to love
them and help them, but it seems like no matter what I do... it
doesn´t really help... but anyways, I´m doing ok.

I´ve been learning about the atonement. I think that many times, as
members of the True Church of Jesus Christ, We take advantage of the
most essential and basic parts of our beliefs. The Prophet Joseph
Smith taught:

"The fundamental principles of our religion are the testimony of the
Apostles and Prophets, concerning Jesus Christ, that He died, was
buried, and rose again the third day, and ascended into heaven; and
all other things which pertain to our religion are only appendages to
it."

Many times we forget that. I invite you all to study and restudy the
Atonement of our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. This is is Church!
and his Atonement is the center of all that we do.

Elder Harmon
Foto: Puerto Maldonadoan Alligator that a member has stuffed
Live Tortuous
Super cool big leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment