Monday, September 8, 2014

Training

Wow, My companion and I just figured out that there are going to be changes... that was unexpected... I love Elder Rosales so much, It is hard to leave him. Elder Rosales is going to Cusco, and I am going to be training a bran new missionary here in Puerto. I will continue as the District Leader (Which makes me happy... I love being district leader). I still don´t know who I´m going to train, but there are 23 new elders this transfer... most of them are North Americans, so there is a possibility that I´ll be with my first "Gringo" Companion... but we´ll see. 

The work continues strong here in Peurto Maldonado. It is a great environment to train a new missionary. I hope to be able to teach him all that I know, and help him to be able to attain his potential. A lot of things are going through my head, but I really want to help him in all that I can. 

We are teaching a Jew, and it is a really interesting experience. He knows a lot about history and the bible, and he understands the importance of covenants and many other important principles of the church. He told us something very interesting. He said: "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only Christian church that even seems to understand Christianity... They understand the importance of covenants, temples, priesthood, organization, order and many other things..." It is a great experience. I am learning a lot. Carlos (the Jew) needs to understand the importance of the Restoration, and the fact that the law of Moses has been fulfilled. My Testimony has been strengthened so much.   

Many times we take for granted the Restored Gospel of Christ. Most people in this world don´t understand the simple doctrines of joy and peace that bring the Gospel. It is SO simple!! 

I love this work so much!! 


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment