Monday, September 29, 2014

Hard work and Accountability

Well, Elder Williams and I are working super hard. We are constantly working to try to get better and better, and do all that we can to be the best missionaries ever. I`ve never been so happy with my work as a missionary. I feel like we are really doing all that we can to bring others to Christ. Elder Williams is a great companion, and we are both doing all we can for this work. Sometimes I feel inadequate as a trainer, because I feel like he is teaching me more than I`m teaching him.

I`m loving Puerto, and the work is going well. The Riva family is going to get married on the 18th!! they will either be baptized the same day, or if not, the next week. The work is going great!

Interesting fact, The fifth of October are elections here in Peru, and there is a national law against any religion meeting on that day. This means that we will not see conference this week :(. It will be rebroadcast to Peru the 11th and 12th though :).

Right now, I am learning a lot about accountability and stewardship. We are accountable for our actions. But we are also be accountable for our responsibilities as stewards. As a missionary I`m a steward over a little part of the Lords vineyard. As a District Leader, I`m a steward over other missionaries. It is my job to do all that I can to magnify my calling, and be accountable for what I`ve done and not done. I`m learning a lot. 

Good scriptures on the topic:



Preach my Gospel Chapter 8 Accountability (Page 150)

I love you All!


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment