Monday, August 4, 2014

Welcome to the Jungle!

Well, I made it safe and sound to Puerto Maldanado... Just a little sick. The trip from Puno to Cusco took 8 hours in Bus, and the Trip from Cusco to Puerto took 11 hours. Two full days of travel (because President doesn´t want us to Travel at night). the trip from Cusco to Puerto was super cool. We basically left cusco and climbed the andes mountains to the highest point (It was quite nice to see snow), and then we lowered down to the jungle. It is super hot here, well, the degrees aren´t too bad (like 90-100°F), but it feels like 140°F because of the humility. I´ve never sweated so much in my life. After a day of work, my companion and I are soaked. We take a cold shower at least 2 times a day, and if there is time we have permission to take 3 showers a day. The food here is great. One of two things happen to the missionaries here. or they gain weight because of the amazing food or they loose weight by sweating so much. My companion is Elder Rosales. He is super awesome, and I think that we will work well together.

There are all kinds of exotic fruits, animals, and bugs here... I´ll send more pictures as I get to know them.

I love you all!


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment