Monday, August 11, 2014

A Great Week.

Elder Rosales and I are working hard here in Puerto Maldanado. Although sometimes it is hard because of the heat, We are doing all that we can. I am always exhausted, but we keep working. Elder Rosales has a great attitude, and he is always happy, cheerful, and willing to do what needs to be done. I´ve been blessed with a great companion. We´re basicly starting from scratch because our sector was 1/2 closed for a change (long story made short: a missionary had health problems and my companion was in a trio for 4 weeks of the transfer until I came). So we are contacting like crazy and getting to know the members like crazy. 

Miracle of the Week:

President Harbertson Challenged us to contact more families. About a week ago we contacted a family in the street. They seemed quite nice, but they wouldn´t give us an exact address (they may not have one...) they only told us that they lived close to a member that we know. We asked the member, and they didn´t know them. A few days later, a little boy ran up to us and said: "I know you!! you gave me a picture of Jesus." Both my companion and I didn´t remember the boy (sometimes it is hard to remember everyone we meet and see). We asked him if he could take us to his house, and he did! We knocked on the door, and guess who came out? Milca! The Mom of the same family we had contacted days earlier! She let us in the house, and we taught her and her kids. The Father of the family was also there, but he didn´t want to take part in the lesson (the spirit will touch his heart eventually)

I am so thankful that God is leading and guiding us in his work! He is always with us. 

Pictures:
  • My trip from Cusco to Puerto
  • Reunited with an old companion (Elder Becerra. We worked together in Izcuchaca)
  • My Companion, Elder Rosales
  • Some fruit (My companion and I are drinking coconut milk)
  • A HUGE ant... that grossed me out. 


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment