Monday, July 7, 2014

"Be not afraid of [him]: for the Lord thy God is with thee" (Deut. 20:1)

Family and Friends,

Elder Tandazo and I are working harder than I`ve ever worked in the Mission. Our plan and goal is to strengthen the Ward, starting with the Leaders and active Families. We will gain their trust, and through them we will get references and see a lot of success here in Huaynacapac, Puno. I KNOW that there will be a lot of success here. I may not be here to see a lot of it, but If I can make a difference it will all be worth it. 

But with this great conviction to do good and make the kingdom of God grow, Satan has tried to discourage us. Always, and I repeat, always, Satan tries to detain the work before it happens. For example, Before Christ and God appeared to Joseph Smith, Satan tried to destroy him (see JS-H 1:15-17). Before Moses saw the vision of worlds without number, Satan appeared to him and tried to destroy him (see Moses 1)... Well, The same has happened with us. Satan knows that Elder Tandazo and I have a great potential, and he has put all kinds of obstacles in our way. But we`re better than him! We`re stronger than him, and anyways, the Lord is on our side (Deut. 20:1)!!

I am so excited for missionary work. I know that this is the work of god, and that he is at the helm. 

I love you all!!


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment