Monday, May 5, 2014

No unclean thing can dwell with God

Family and Friends,

Those who havn´t seen the CES Devotional, please see it. It is amazing!! 

Many things have been happening. Both good and Bad, Happy and Sad. My companion and I are doing well, and we are happy. We are working hard, and starting to see great success here Huayna Capac.

A few changes are happening here though. Hauyna Capac 2 was closed, and reopened. 2 Elders left, and we will now get 2 Sisters in the Ward. It will be a change. I´ve never worked in a ward with Sisters yet. Also, I got an email from the office today telling me to call President Harbertson. I am not entirely sure why, but the email says that he would like to personally inform me of an assignment that he has for me. I´ll let you all know. 

I love the work of the Lord, and I strive every day to be better. I am FAR from perfect, but I´m trying. I have learned that this is what matters to God. 

This means that This life is the time to BECOME CLEAN so that we CAN DWELL WITH GOD!

This process does not happen over night, even when we´re baptized, and made clean, there is still an entire life before us to become clean. That is the entire purpose of "endure to the end." It is something that comes day by day, week by week, month by month, and year by year. It is also something that only comes "through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah" (in other words, through his atonement). See 2 Nephi 2:8

I hope with all my heart and soul, that I might be clean and worthy to stand before God and feel good in his Presence. Psalms 68:2-3 contrasts the difference in how we will feel in the presence of God if we are clean, or unclean. I want to be glad and exceedingly rejoice before God. That is the purpose of my life.

I love you all! I hope that you´re all well and happy.


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment