Monday, May 26, 2014

Good-Hard Week

Family and Friends,

This week has been hard. I got pretty sick. My stomach was hurting super bad. I think that I had a stomach infection... fun! I´m feeling a lot better now though. Almost back to normal! Also, my companion is getting really discouraged because the Ward isn´t helping us very much. Hermana Beckstead and Hermana Hunter had an investigator with a baptismal date, but he couldn´t come to church on Sunday, and his date fell through. They are going to talk to him this week and set another date and review the Sabbath day. 

Good news of the week: We´ve been teaching a young man named Carlos. He is 15 years old, and has come to church now 5 times!! He is really starting to understand the gospel, and has a desire to be baptized. Our only concern has been his parents. They are both Catholic, and he told us that they probably wouldn´t like the idea of him getting baptized. But yesterday, we talked with his Mom. We explained to her the importance of the baptismal covenant, and the desire that Carlos has to make this covenant with God. She took it very well! She told us that she would like to make sure that Carlos is ready and prepared before he makes the commitment. She also accepted the invitation to listen to the lessons, and learn more about the church. We are so excited! 

I love the Gospel SOOO much!! I love the oportunity that I have to share it with the people here in Perú!

Photos: 

My District. (Elder Harmon, Elder Castro, Hermana Beckstead, Hna. Hunter, Hna. Rasmussen, Hna. Olivares)

       
My Pension and the Missionaries



We Made a homeade oven out of Adobe (Mud)!



With love,
Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cuscoe
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment