Monday, April 21, 2014

La Semana Santa

In Spanish, "La Semana Santa" means, the Holy Week. The last week of Christ´s mortal life, and the week in which the most important events in the history of the world took place. The Lord´s Atonement, Death, and Resurrection are some of these great events. Here in Perú, la semana santa is a great holiday. Nobody works, everyone is with their family, etc... but something that was really sad for me is the fact that I saw sooo many drunk people.

Some great Videos to see for Easter:
He is Risen: John the Beloved's Witness of the Resurrection
Because of Him (Absolutely Incredible!!!)

Also in this past week my companion, Elder Castro and I Traveled to Cusco for Interviews with President Harbertson. It was a great experience to talk to my mission president, and feel his priesthood keys as he helped my companion with some things that are going on. I really felt his love for us as missionaries. 

I testify of the holy atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the center of our religion, and that thanks to Jesus Christ all can be made right. I love this Church with all my heart, and I love my Savior with all my heart. Christ is the Messiah, the King of Kings, but more importantly, he is my best friend. 

I testify of these things in his holy name, Amen. 


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment