Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference!

Wow, General Conference was Absolutely AMAZING!!! I would like to share with you a few of my favorite talks. and the things I learned. 

Saturday Morning
  • Jeffery R. Holland
    • All true disciples of Christ will suffer Persecution. 
    • I´ve definitely felt that in my Mission. 
  • Niel L. Anderson  
    • As the Church spreads and Grows, Satan and his power will also grow. 
    • Just as a tree grows stronger in the wind, we must grow stronger living in this wicked world.
Saturday Afternoon
  • Russel M. Nelson
    • Our faith WILL be challenged. 
    • In who is our Faith Based? God, or Man?
  • Robert D. Hales
    • Obedience is the most important law.
    • Every week when we take the sacrament we promise to be obedient, and we repent of our disobedience. 
    • Why do we CHOOSE to be disobedient when we know that it brings eternal consequences??
      • Like Cain, it is because we love Satan
Priesthood Session
  • Dallin H. Oaks (My Favorite Talk)
    • Amazing doctrine of the Priesthood.
    • The Difference between Power, Authority, and Keys
    • Not all Priesthood keys are on the earth
    • Receiving Exaltation is not about rights, it is about fulfilling Responsibilities. 
    • When Men and Women go to the Temple, they BOTH receive Power, which is Priesthood Power.
  • Donald L. Hallstorm
    • Who we are is NOT who we can become. 
    • We Must always Change
  • Randall L. Ridd
    • The Importance of Desires. 
    • Each choose brings us closer to or further from the person we want to become
  • Dieter F. Uchtdorf
    • We are IN the Restoration
    • Don´t miss all the great things that are happening
  • Henry B. Eyring
    •  The importance of our Example
  • Thomas S. Monson
    • Decisions Determine our Destiny.
    • "If you ever find yourself where you should not to be... GET OUT!"
    • We must do what is right, Period! 
    • Am I the same person wherever I am?
      • Is that the Person that My Heavenly Father wants me to be?
      • Am I the Same person in the Dark as I am in the Light?
Sunday Morning
  • Dieter F. Uchtdorf
    • The Lord doesn´t expect us to be more grateful in good times than in bad times.
    • Being grateful is a choice.
  • M. Russel Ballard
    • Invitation to family members of Full-time Missionaries (you) to share with their missionaries what they are learning in their studies. Especially from Preach my Gospel. 
  • Gary E. Stevenson
    • EVERYTHING depends on this life.
Sunday Afternoon
  • Boyd K. Packer
    • Very Touching talk. Very Powerful testimony
  • L. Tom Perry
    • Obedience is a choice between man´s limited knowledge and gods unlimited knowledge and power. 
Sorry, I know that that is a lot of information, but I really loved conference!! It was SUPER amazing, and I was edified. Please review the talks. I know I will. 


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment