Monday, March 10, 2014

Answers to questions

Dear Family and Friends,

First of all, I would like to express my excitement for Levi and his Mission Call. I am very happy that he will be learning the Spanish language, a language that I have come to love! Levi, I know that you will be a great missionary, and I know that you will be the means by which the Lord brings many souls unto him. 

Jason asked me a few questions (thanks Jason) that I would like to answer for you all. 
  • Are we the only missionaries here?
No. There are 2 Zones in Puno. In our Zone (Puno Central) there are 22 missionaries (4 of them are sister missionaries). In our Ward there are 4 Missionaries (2 Companionships)
  • Do we have the opportunity to go to the floating islands (the Uros) of Lake Titikaka?
No. The area has prohibited that the missionaries go to the islands. This is because of some problems that have occurred in the past. Missionaries are allowed to go with their parents/family members that come to pick them up. 
  • How many lessons do we teach every week?
The goal of the Zone is that every companionship can teach 20 lessons every week. We usually teach 15-20. There are good weeks and bad weeks, but we are trying our hardest.
  • Do we have a Good Mission leader and Ward that help us?
Yes. I was super excited to come to Puno because when I was in Izcuchaca we had to do everything alone. Here, we have a good bishop, good ward council, good members, and good mission leader. We still have to do a lot of work alone, but at least there is help. 
  • How´s my Spanish?
GREAT! or at least that is my opinion. :). I find it easier to speak Spanish than English now. In my last interview with President Harbertson we talked English, But about have way through we were talking more Spanish than English. 
  • How´s my Quechua?
Not so good. In Puno they don´t speak Quechua. They speak Aymara. Another native language of Peru. I am still studying, but I am not learning very much here.

Thanks for the Questions Jason!!! Please, If there is something you´d like to know, ask me!! Often, I don´t know what to write. 


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment