Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas!!!

Wow, I can´t believe that Christmas is coming up so fast! We had a Christmas dinner with President Harbertson and his wife on Friday, and a Christmas party here in the family group on Saturday.

Christmas Dinner with I wish President Harbertson and his wife
We went to Cusco, and played a fun game that is a family tradition in the family of Hermana Harbertson. We then had Pizza and a little bit of time to socialize with all of the missionaries. Then, we had a super amazing spiritual meeting in the chapel. It was a music and testimony meeting. All of the Zone Leaders and the assistants bore their testimonies, and in between there were a lot of great musical numbers. I sang with the other Elders of the Cusco Zone. President Harbertson played a beautiful song on the piano, and Hermana Harbertson sang. They are very talented. It was a really nice meeting. To Finish the meeting we heard talks from President Harbertson and his wife. Hermana Harbertson´s talk impressed me a lot. 

She got up, signaled for President Harbertson and said (with him translating): "I had a talk all prepared and translated to Spanish, but I decided that I´d rather look into your eyes and speek from my heart than look at a paper and try to pronounce words..." she then gave one of the most spiritually uplifting talks and testimony that I´ve ever heard. The spirit was super strong!

They then gave each one of us a gift. but I was super surprised when they gave it to us. They gave us a Book of Mormon! They told us that they knew that we already had countless Books of Mormon in our rooms, but that The Book of Mormon was the most prized possession that they had to give. They also gave us a colored pensil with 2 colors and challenged us to read the Book of mormon Marking 2 things: References to Christ and Words pertaining to Christ. I´ve already started.


Christmas Party in Izcuchaca
On Saturday we had the party here in Izcuchaca. It was a huge success. We had dinner, hot chocolate, and a talent show. It was a lot of fun!


I wish you all a very merry Christmas!!


Elder Jacob M. Harmon
Misión Perú Cusco
Av. La Cultura 2417
En Frente la Urb. Santa Ursula
La Capilla Mormona
Cusco, Perú

No comments:

Post a Comment