Monday, October 21, 2013

Learning to love the Scriptures... and Studying.

Family and Friends!

All is well here in Perú. The Work Continues.

This week I would like to explain to you all something that has become a great tool throughout my mission. And, quite honestly, it was something that I struggled with before the mission. This is a constant study of the Scriptures. 

It all started in the MTC, when one of my teachers showed us a video by David A. Bednar. In this Video, I saw the way that Elder Bednar mastered the Scriptures. At first, It made me feel really terrible to think about the very limited knowledge that I had of the Scriptures. But the more I thought about it, the more I decided that I would strive every day to learn the scriptures better. Throughout my mission, I have learned To really love these books. The hours that I have to study as a missionary have become some of my favorite ours of the day. 

I would like to invite all of you, if your not already doing it, to more fully study the scriptures every day. If you are married, have personal study and companionship study :). The Scriptures are really incredible, and I promise you that you will gain a knowledge that will help you in every aspect of your life. 

I love the scriptures! I love the Book of Mormon! I love this Gospel!

Love,

Élder Jacob M. Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment