Monday, August 26, 2013

Fwd: I Will Go and Do...

As I sit here to write an email, I have a lot of things on my mind. I found out last night that I am being transferred. I am leaving Sicuani to go to... well, I don´t know yet. It is really really hard. 3 Months ago my companion, Elder Cardozo, and I opened the sector that I´ve been working in. This means that we started from scratch. Without knowing the members or having any investigators. The past 3 months we have been working the hardest we can, but up until now we still haven't had a baptism. What we do have, are 4 super prepared investigators that are planning to be baptized in September, and many other investigators that should have baptismal dates soon. For this reason I don´t want to leave. I want to be able to see these people that I´ve learned to love enter the waters of baptism. But even though I won´t get to see this, I am going to leave Sicuani knowing that I have helped these people along the path of the Gospel, and that I have worked my hardest here. I may not have a baptism in the Mission (Up until now), but I have helped people change their lives.

Although I may be sad to leave, I feel like Nephi. I will go and do what the Lord has commanded. 

Last Wednesday President Harbertson came to Sicuani to train us and interview us. I had a super spiritual experience with President Harberson. I won´t explain exactly what happened, but I will say this. I KNOW that my Mission President is called of God. I KNOW that he holds the keys to preside over the Missionary Work in the area of Perú Cusco. I have no doubt in my mind, and I am thankful for the opportunity to have him as my Mission President.

I send my love!

Elder Harmon

Pictures: Ican Ruins. Machupitumarca




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment