Tuesday, August 20, 2013

¡Elder Cook visits the Perú Cusco Mission!

Family and Friends!

Sorry I didn´t email yesterday. But don´t worry- I have a good excuse. Yesterday we had a huge meeting with the whole mission, and Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

We left Sicuani at about 8 in the morning, and got to Cusco at about 10:15. We then sat in the Chapel, and read our scriptures while we waited for him to arrive. I remember that I was sitting there reading my scriptures when all of the Sudden I felt a sudden peaceful feeling come over me. It almost felt like a wind that swept through the Chapel. I knew that he had arrived. My thoughts were confirmed when one of the assistants to the President walked in and whispered: "He´s here! The car just pulled in!"

About five minutes later President Harbertson -The best Mission President in the World :)-, and his wife walked in. They were followed by Elder Tod R. Callister (Presidency of the 70), Elder W. Christopher Waddell (of the 70), Elder Quentin L. Cook, and thier wives. Honestly, I don´t think that I´ve ever seen someone who radiates such happiness and joy, like an apostle. He was apsolutly amazing. It was probably one of the most amazing experiences of my life.


 

I don´t have a whole lot of time, so I will sumerize what they said.

Hna Waddell:
  • Small things bring about great things. BE OBEDIENT!

Elder Waddell:

  • The importance of REMEMBERING.
  • It isn´t every day you get to hear and see an apostle of the lord. Remember his words.

Hna Callister:

  • The spirit is the key to missionary work.
  • If we have the spirit we will be sucuessful in everything. but it is the same in reverse.

Elder Callister:

  • If you want to learn a language you have to be willing to make a million mistakes.
  • The importance of teaching the Apostacy and Restuaration.

Hna Cook:

  • Christlike atributes (Chaper 6 of Preach my Gospel).
  • The importance of music and Hymns.

Elder Cook:

When he spoke, I could really feel the athority and power of his voice. It was amazing.

  • He said that as of last week there are more than 75,000 Missionaries in the world
  • He explained the proccess of assigning missionaries. He said that it is ALWAYS done by the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He said that before the age change two apostles would do it every fridy. Each would assign about 250 missionaries. But now, after the age change, four (and sometimes 5) Apostles assign missionaries every Friday each assigning about 300 missionaries.
  • He then talked to us about the importance of commitments and invitations.
  • He then gave us a very special apostolic blessing.

He blessed us that we would be blessed for the rest of our lives for our mission, and he then said: "But not only you will be blessed. Many of you are worried for your families. I bless you that EVERY SINGLE person you love will be blessed for your service. Do not worry about your family. The are blessed for your service.

This was a super powerful experience. and I will never forget it in my life. I know that the profets and apostles are called of God!

Elder Harmon



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment