Monday, July 15, 2013

Patience.

This week, I learned the importance of Patience. and the importance of waiting on the time of the Lord. 

This last change (6 weeks), Elder Cardozo (my companion) and I have worked super hard. We have done everything we can, and the result: Nothing! We have 1 progressing investigator, and 0 con fecha (with a baptismal date). Really, our numbers are absolutely terrible. This has been hard for me, because I know that I´m trying, and it seems like the lord just doesn´t care sometimes. 

But, this last week, We received received a reference! And not only any reference, but a Family! and They are prepared. We´ve only taught them once so far, but today we have another lesson with them. We also were able to contact some great people who look like they have potential. I am finally starting to see the blessings of our hard work. This Change is ending, but Elder Cardozo and I are going to be together for another Change, and I can tell that this Change will be different. We are going to Baptize! 

I know, that God blesses us when we strive to keep his commandments and do what is right. I know that i´ve shared this quote in another email, but I really like it:

Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.  - Elder Holland

I know that God blesses the obedient, and that he is guiding his missionaries. I know that this Gospel is True, and that I am doing the very best thing that I could be doing right now. 

Elder Harmon



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment