Friday, May 3, 2013

I am in Perú!!!

Everyone!!! 

I am in Perú!! I will just tell a long story for this email.

I left the MTC in Provo at 8:00 on Wednesday. My flight to Dallas left at around 12:15. Then from Dallas I came to Perú! The flight was delayed about an hour, so I didn´t get to Perú until about 1:30 in the Morning on Thursday. I somehow was able to make it through getting my bags and everything. But then came the real crazy story. Nobody was waiting for me in Lima. No missionaries, nobody holding a sign that said "Elder Harmon," Nobody. I waited patiently for about a half hour, and then two Americans came up to me to offer assistance. They actually happened to be returned missionaries visiting Perú!!! The Lord really blessed me because I would have been lost without them. They waited with me for like three hours, and helped me obtain a few soles (money) and call the Lima MTC. We talked to "Maria," and she sent someone to come get me. I ended up waiting in the Lima MTC for like 4 and a half hours!!! When I was finally picked up, I drove to a hotel next to the Lima MTC and stayed the night (like 2 hours) there. The next day (Thursday), I spent at the Lima MTC filling out paperwork so that I can get a Peruvian Licence.

Perú Is crazy!!! Everyone drives like Mad-Men, and They stuff buses super super full. I can Actually understand much of what people are saying!!! Lima was a really dirty city, and there was a terrible smog and smell in the air. In Cusco, where I am now, it is much better. The air is clear and the city is absolutely beautiful!! I know that Dad would love it here!! Maybe after my mission, Mom and Dad can take a trip here with me. 

Here, I can only send one email a week. so back and forth conversations must be done through normal mail.

Love you all!
From Cusco!!

Elder Jacob Harmon



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment