Monday, May 27, 2013

Great News!!!

Hola!

¡¿Guess what?!

I can now send as many emails as I want every week!!!!!!!! This means that I can send personalized messages to you (the only restriction is time). 

Ok, this week my email will be all about two of our investigators, Percy y Soledad. Percy y Soledad are a couple, and they have a little boy named Saith (I love that name!). On Friday they were married, on Saturday they were Baptized, and on Sunday they were Confirmed. You might say that it has been a busy weekend for them. 

Anyways, the Wedding was amazing! It is the first Latin Wedding that I´ve been to, and it was cool to see the different Traditions and everything. A lot of their Family were at their wedding and Baptism, and I hope that their family was able to see how much the Gospel has blessed their lives. 

Yesterday, we went to their house to talk to them about how they felt, and encourage them to endure to the end in the Gospel, and they surprised us. Percy´s parents were at the house! at first we didn´t know why, or what we should talk about with the parents there. But after the Prayer, Hermana Soledad said:

 "Elderes, I have a special request for you. Here are our parents, and we love them very much, and we would like to ask you to teach them the same things that you taught us. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has Changed our lives, and I know that it can change theirs to. They have requested to learn more!"

I was so excited!!! We talked with the parents about baptism and answered their questions that they had, and set up an appointment for Wednesday. Then after the parents left, we talked to Percy and Soledad about how they can be a great example for the rest of their family.

I was soooo happy! Now I know what it means in the Call letter when it says: you will experience more joy and happiness than ever before. At the baptism I felt joy, but I felt even more joy when I saw how committed they were to living the Gospel and sharing it with their family.

I love you all!!

Elder Harmon

Photo 1- Percy and Me at the Wedding
Photo 2- The missionaries with Percy, Soledad, and Saith



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment