Monday, May 20, 2013

By Small and Simple things...

Alma 37:

Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth cconfound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls.

Recently I have gained a larger testimony of the above Scripture. I have thought a lot about the story of Naaman in the Bible (2 Kings 5:9-14). He goes to Elisha´s house, and Elisha asks him to wash in the river Jordan 7 times to be cleaned of his leprosy. Naaman then becomes angry, and refuses to do it, but then one of Naaman´s wise sevrvents consults with him. In verse 13 it says:

13 And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?

Naaman, having a change of heart, then goes and does what the Prophet said, and he is cleaned.

Sometimes, I think that If Thomas S. Monson got up and said something like: "OK, we are going to have another trek, and everyone needs to leave everything behind and walk to Independence Missouri" that most of us would do it. I think that most of us would have the faith to follow the prophet of God. But think. Every confrence the Prophets tell us all kinds of "little" things like "read your scriptures every day," and "Pray every day," etc... How many of us are actually doing the little things?

This has been on my mind a lot this last week, and I am trying every day to improve, and become a better servant of God here in Perú.ç

This week we have a Marriage and Baptism, and I am super excited for that. They really aren´t my investigators, but I have taught them a few times, and so I am excited.

Oh, Right now I am living with a pencionista who knows Erik Hamblin!!! I am also teaching a family (The Bornaz Family) who Erik Baptised when he was here, but they are now inactive. I don´t have Erik´s Email, but It would be great if someone would forward this to him.

I love the work, and I´m having a great time!!

With Love,

Elder Jacob Harmon

PS: Levi, Could you send me some MP3 Music Files Please. I really want the Vocal Point Hymn CD, and Oh lord My Redeemer (Jeff Goodrich). If you have to send them in multiple emails, that is fine.

Pic 1: A MotoTaxi It is basically a modified Motorcycle.

Pic 2: The Sicuani River

Pic 3: Me with My Pencionista and her Husband

Pics 4-7: A tienda (store) that sells beef. You literally walk into the store, tell her what part of the cow you want, and she takes a saw and cuts of the piece for you. in the Pictures I have Cow hearts, heads, intestines, and other random parts. Sorry to those of you with weak stomachs.





NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment