Thursday, April 25, 2013

My Destiny has been Decided.

!Hola!

This last week has been a little hard and scary. I think that it is just normal to be nervous when you have know idea what is going to happen to you. So, last Friday, Hermano Stoddard asked us to do an activity in class. He said:
 
"I know that you would all rather be going to Peru, and not staying at the MTC, but your mission isn't about what you want, it is about what God wants you to do. 'It doesn't matter where you serve as long as you know who you are serving.'"
 
He then had us read a section in Preach my Gospel that said wherever you are serving, leave the area (or district, zone, or branch) better than you found it. Then he asked us to take 15 minutes, and seek inspiration to know Why God wants us to stay here, and what he wants us to do while we are here. I felt that I'm here to:

  • Learn that God is in Charge, and Learn to trust him and His timing.
  • Help the other Districts, and be a great Example
  • Grow to my full potential at the MTC.

It has been a great experience, and I have learned a lot.

As of today, I know what is happening!!! We went to the Temple this morning (Like Always), and afterward Elder Cooper and I went to the travel office to see if they had any news for us. They did!! They let us know what was happening, and then we went and told the rest of our district. Here's the plan:

  • Reassigned To Las Vegas, NV (until they get their Visas)
  1. Elder Cooper
  2. Elder Lindblom
  3. Elder Mulford
  4. Elder Rapoza
  • Reassigned to Independence MI
  1. Elder Johnson
  • Reassigned to New Jersey 
  1. Elder Whiton
  • Receiving Visas!!!!!!!
  1. Elder Call
  2. Elder Harmon!!!!!!

I haven't received my visa yet, but I will be getting it before next week. This means that I am going to Peru!!!! I am soooo excited!!! Thanks so much for all of the prayers and fasting! I am super excited to head to Peru, and teach God's Children there.

Thanks for Everything!!!!

Elder Jacob Harmon

Picture: My District with another district that left early this week.




NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment