Thursday, April 11, 2013

General Conference

iHola Familia y Amigos!
 
As we all know, this past week was General Conference! Either, this was the BEST General Conference ever, or I paid more attention then ever before in my life! It seamed like they talked a lot about missionary work. The stone cut out of the mountain without hands IS rolling forth and filling the whole earth! The lord IS hastening his work! I can see this first hand while I am at a overflowing MTC.

One of the coolest experiences I have ever had, occurred while I was here at the MTC. Before the Priesthood Session started, All of the missionaries were in the auditorium waiting for it to start. On the monitor it showed President Monson walking in the the conference center, and all of the sudden the entire auditorium went dead silent, and 2,000+ Elders stood to show respect to the Prophet. The spirit entered to room immediately!! It was soooo cool! 2,000+ Servants of the Lord standing to respect the prophet. Another, similar experience, is when the entire MTC sings "Called to Serve," or "The Army of Helaman" (In "The army of Helaman," we change the words from "we will be the lords missionaries..." to "we are now the lord's missionaries..."). It is crazy the power of almost 4,000 Elders and Sisters with black name tags.

Still no Visa. Our district is starting to get a little nervous. The district above us (in our Zone) was supposed to leave last Monday, but now they are leaving next Monday, and they have been reassigned to missions in the states.I hope that doesn't happen to me, but I know that if it does it is the Lord's will.

I still don't feel like a missionary. Every morning I put my tag on, but it still doesn't seem real. Hopefully once I leave the MTC it will hit me.

One of my favorite things about being here at the MTC is the opportunity to study the scriptures every day! I am learning to love the scriptures, and love studying. For everyone who is thinking about serving a mission in the future, LEARN TO LOVE THE SCRIPTURES!! that is the best advice I can give.

Well, I don't know what to say. I still have like 20 min. of email time (to use any time today), so if anyone has any questions, email me and I will check back later and try to respond.

Con Amor,

Elder Jacob Harmon

Pic 1: Elder Cooper and I at the Map
Pic 2: My Peru Shirt that I bought at the MTC.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment